Explore more, updated data at your fingertips in our latest release.
New features in the data
Version 4.0 of SEDA is updated with better estimates and cleaner data. New features allow you to access:
- Data for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 school years.
- New crosswalk with stable school, district, and county IDs.
- Insights and learning: see our latest discoveries.
- Coming soon in 4.1: 2018-2019 data, Data for Native American students; Estimates for Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) schools; and Math scores for Puerto Rico.
New features in the Educational Opportunity Explorer
Refine your view of the data with new filtering options
In our new Explorer interface, you can:
- Filter estimates by: school, district, and county size; ranges within key metrics (average test scores, learning rates, and trend in test scores); and ranges for socioeconomic status and percent qualifying for free or reduced priced lunch (FRPL).
- Select all schools in a particular district. For example, view estimates for all schools in New York City Public Schools.
- Select schools by characteristic: area (rural, town, suburban, and urban schools); school type (public, charter, and magnet schools); school age group (middle, elementary, and combined).
View and compare locations in new ways
We’ve refined the location data panel to provide a clearer view of statistics at a glance (and have added U.S. states as new location types to explore). You can also compare several locations’ data together in a revised table display.
State-level views, margins of error, & more
Among the many other new features in the Explorer, we’ve added states to the list of geographies you can explore, margins of error for each place’s data, and even more powerful and intuitive controls—all within a completely redesigned interface.